2017 Health Expo Hull and East Riding
It’s back! The annual Hull and East Riding Health Expo will take place for the second time on Thursday 19 October at Hull City Hall.
Organised by local NHS and health providers from across the region, the event is designed to open your eyes to some of the amazing advances in local health care and technology, and to celebrate those people who work to save lives and keep people together, day in, day out.
The Health Expo will give you a chance to meet health experts face to face, ask questions, get advice, and find out more about support available to you in your local area. And for the more adventurous among you, you could try your hand at using a surgical robot, or take part in our games and activities to get your blood pumping, and maybe even win a prize!
The 2017 Health Expo will run from 9:30am to 5pm, and entry to the event is free. Refreshments will be on sale – please call in for as much or as little of the day as you are able.
For a flavour of what it’s all about, take a look at our video below from the 2016 Health Expo.
And here’s just a taster of what’s in store for this year:
- Recruitment Fair
- Knit and Natter zone
- Make your own fruit smoothies
- Interactive games including Giant Operation and Batak
- Keynote speech from the City of Culture Team
- Opportunity to see and operate the Da Vinci surgical robot
- On the spot health checks and advice from our Physio Team
- Mum and baby zone, incorporating breastfeeding support and baby health advice
- Step back in time and visit our 50s Dementia Kitchen
- Guest appearance from BBC Look North’s Peter Levy
- Question Time event with local health leaders, chaired by David Burns of BBC Radio Humberside
- Give us your feedback and win an iPad
We look forward to seeing you there!